How To Rock A Heavy Makeup Look For Your Wedding Day
On your wedding day, you should look and feel like the most beautiful version of yourself. And while a heavy makeup look may not be everyone’s cup of tea, it can give you that extra oomph and confidence needed to walk down that aisle with all eyes on you. To ensure that you don’t end up looking more like a clown than a bride, though – there are certain Do’s and Don’ts when trying to rock this bold look! This post will give our top tips for achieving an exquisite heavy makeup style without coming off too over-the-top or cakey. So whether you’re going for an edgy retro-themed wedding or channeling glamorous old Hollywood vibes – get ready to create your statement beauty moment!
Dos and don’ts of heavy wedding makeup
- Choose a makeup artist that understands your vision and can create a look that complements you and your wedding theme.
- Start the trial run of your makeup at least one month before the wedding day to ensure enough time for adjustments if necessary.
- Get creative with color by playing up the eyes, lips, or cheeks in shades that flatter your skin tone.
- Prep hair and skin before application for long-lasting wearability with conditioning treatments and primer bases when needed.
- Use waterproof makeup formulations to keep sweat, tears, and humidity from ruining your look all night long.
- Bring touch-up supplies like blotting papers, translucent powder, and lip balm in your clutch throughout the night.
- Don’t forget to stay true to yourself with a look that feels comfortable and authentic.
- Resist the temptation to try out a new product or technique on the day of your wedding, as unfamiliarity can lead to disaster.
- Avoid applying too much makeup- heavy coverage is unnecessary and looks unnatural in photos.
- Remember that less is more when it comes to accessories such as false eyelashes, glitter, or gemstones, as they can distract the overall look.
- Steer clear of any products that may irritate your skin, like fragranced products or ingredients to which you are allergic.
- Don’t forget to set your makeup with a setting spray or powder, so it stays intact throughout the evening.
Must-have products for achieving the perfect heavy wedding makeup look
- Primer: A good primer is essential for achieving a flawless wedding makeup look. A primer helps create an even base that helps find and other products last longer and can prevent your skin from looking oily throughout the day.
- Foundation: Choose a foundation that matches your skin tone perfectly, as you want your face to look flawless on such an important day. Make sure to blend it well for an even and natural-looking finish.
- Concealer: To cover up any blemishes and dark circles, opt for a full-coverage concealer with great staying power so you won’t have to worry about retouching all day.
- Blush: Adding a beautiful, rosy blush to your cheeks can instantly brighten up your complexion and make you look more youthful. Choose one that complements your skin tone for the most natural-looking finish.
- Highlighter: Highlighting is key in achieving that heavy wedding makeup look. Use a shimmery highlighter on the high points of your face, like your cheekbones, brow bone, nose bridge, and cupid’s bow, to give your skin an extra glow.
- Eyeshadows: Go bold with eyeshadow shades that will make your eyes pop! Choose something neutral yet intense, like browns and bronzes, or opt for something brighter, like purples or blues, depending on what matches your dress.
- Eyeliner: To define your eyes, use a liquid or gel eyeliner along your upper and lower lash line for that sharp, bold look.
- Mascara: Finish off the look with a volumizing mascara to give your lashes extra length and curl, so you’ll be sure to turn heads!
- Lipstick: Choose a long-lasting lipstick that won’t transfer so that it will stay put all day (and night) long. For an elegant yet dramatic vibe, go for something in the red family – from classic cherry to deep burgundy.
- Setting Spray: Lastly, set everything in place with a long-lasting setting spray to prevent your makeup from melting off or fading throughout the day.
These are the ten must-have products for achieving that perfect heavy wedding makeup look! With these essentials, you can be sure of having an unforgettable big day!